Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Last Words From Calgary
 

Written in: Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - on own Desktop
Composed: impromptu



I had thought of starting a blog about my trip at about the same time that I decided I'd like to go on a trip. But like many other ideas I have, it was filed away in the inner recesses of my consciousness, waiting to be unlocked at a later date. Like diamonds in the rough, these ideas sit and are nothing more than but the personal musings of a confused, perhaps even deranged, mind. In this state these ideas will remain so. That is, until the same mind decides to play jeweler and finally take a rock of an idea and out of it, make a gem.

Quite an elegant way of describing procrastination, wouldn't you say?

Quite an audacious claim as well. In so many words, I'm pretty much saying that this blog is


 Continued:

...this blog is the gem which I present to you.

Well, I'm working on that. This is just the first post you see. And it is being made HOURS before my departure.

I should have done this sooner.

I've never been one to have writer's block - as many would attest, the trouble is in limiting what I have to say. But for some reason, it honestly took me a while to put order into my own thoughts, let alone stringing them together into words coherent to the average (sane) person.

The problem too, I suppose, with making a written account of one's trip is... what exactly does one write PRIOR to the trip? I suppose I could tell you my intentions for embarking on such a long trip (four months); my reasons, my rationale, and my thought process as I finalized the decision, made the provisions, and made the preparations.

But that's all irrelevant now. I'm going on a trip, and I'm excited.

All the events, decisions, and emotions that went on behind the desire to undergo this journey will become apparent little by little.

Retrospect as a foundation for a frame story.

This is all for now, and my next post will undoubtedly be in the Philippines.


love
adogcalledstray




Next Post: First Words From The Philippines

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home