Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Alchemist

Written in: Poblacion, Town of Sta. Maria, Bulacan, PHILIPPINES
Composition: Impromptu
Previous Post: Cousin Mireille




Boarding flight 839, Cathay Pacific, Vancouver to Hongkong, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had another window seat. This time, I was at portside, ahead of the wing. Outside I saw a Philippine Airlines Craft.

We had already been delayed boarding due to some late passengers, and we were further delayed by the de-icing of the control surfaces of the aircraft. De-icing in Vancouver? Yep, the weather was that cold on the 28th of November 2006.







Take-off was uneventful.























And my "single serving airline friend" happened to be a Filipino caregiver.

When she proved to be uninterested in conversation when I tried to talk to her as we attained level flight, I turned back to my book. At this point, I had already read about a quarter of it, and was already hooked. This was a unique book.

Thanks Ate Mireille!

I finished it not even halfway through the flight.

I was gonna write a review, but realized that others had done a better job doing so.

CLICK HERE!

This book speaks of quests, visions, destinies and finding your own personal purpose in the greater scheme of the universe.


Hmmmn... sounds like an "Existential Trip" wouldn't you say? But seriously though, no book could have been more appropriate for someone like me, who's in search of greater personal understanding - someone who's in his own personal quest.

Related Flickr Photos



Next Post: Manila and the Philippines

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home