Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Falling Behind


Written in: Poblacion, Sta. Maria, Bulacan, PHILIPPINES
Composition: Impromptu
Previous Post: Reunion with the Barkada



I made four major self imposed "goals" - if you will- that I must accomplish during my visit here in the Philippines.

First was to be on an island other than Luzon.

The second was to meet an indigenous tribe or people that still somewhat live traditionally - the way they have been living prior to the Spanish Colonization.

The third was a challenge to pass myself up as someone who never left; to blend in by soaking up the people's culture, tendencies, and mannerisms.

And the fourth was to chronicle it all.

As I write this I have exactly only two months left - having been in country for exactly two months.

Numbers One and Two I haven't done at all. That is, however, not a problem. I intend to take things up a notch by going Island hopping, Trekking, and perhaps travelling just for the sake of travelling come February and March; after I think I have sufficiently fulfilled Number Three. Which I think I am doing quite well on - with only the little things posing a challenge.



Number four however, is proving to be quite problematic. This blog is still a month behind.

I had anticipated this difficulty in a previous entry, but I did not think it would get to be this bad.

I HAVE to catch up before disappearing for weeks on end.



Next Post: A Cultural Observation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home