Friday, March 23, 2007


Negros Occidental.
Bacolod City and sorrounding areas - A Teaser Post


Written in: Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, PHILIPPINES
Composition: Magic pixie fairies whispering the words to my ear. Hah!
Previous Post: Bohol - a Teaser post


The Island of Negros would probably not have been on my list of "places to visit" had it not been for Cousin Mireille egging me on to visit her Manang Michelli (and Ate Michelli herself telling me I should pass by) .
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zzbm7myPDEw/Us7W1GNUXOI/AAAAAAAAArA/q3ql3TD7M8M/s1600/IMG_1185.JPGNow that I'm here, I think this unique Island (split into the provinces of Negros Occidental, and Negros Oriental) has a charm all on its own.

Sugar is the key word here. It has affected industry, history, and architecture.

To this day, remnants of this past still exist. Actually.. come to think of it, I'm making it seem as if this is not Sugarland anymore by saying 'remnants'.

Truth is, this place still is Sugarland! Outside any city, the only crop you would ever see planted would be sugarcane. Observe any long procession of transport vehicles and the only commodity you would ever see would be sugarcane.

Sugar Sugar!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KCAaotQF9GM/Us7W3Mo83MI/AAAAAAAAArI/RW0VPe85SOE/s1600/IMG_1203.JPG

What a sweet place.


Continued...


Next Post: Boracay - a Teaser Post

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home