Saturday, March 03, 2007

So much more


Written in: Poblacion, Sta. Maria, Bulacan, PHILIPPINES
Composition: Impromptu
Previous Post: A Weekend in Manila, Part 4


There is so much more to this trip than this blog.

What you can read here are mere snippets from this chapter of my life.

In fact, I'll admit it: I don't write about everything.

People sometimes tell me things in confidence, and I obviously cannot break that trust by sharing with everyone else what was shared with me. As well, beyond mere words, there are activities I engage in, things I experience, and people I meet that I do not (or cannot and will not) disclose within these pages.

Sometimes, I just don't want to air out someone else's issues and problems. Common courtesy.

There are times when I feel I have bared too much of my own soul, but then I realize - you have merely seen but a glimpse of what I truly am.

There is so much more to me than this trip.

Now, I am not going to claim greater depth and poeticism in character - quite the opposite in fact.

I am a lot more random, impulsive, nonsensical whilst being no-nonsense kind of guy. I am also a lot more happy-go lucky than what I may have let on; a caution-to-the-wind, come-what-may, see-what-happens kind of guy. Sometimes vulgar, sometimes crass, and oft times unconventional, I take pleasure in giving the occasional middle finger to societal norms. I can overcomplicate and oversimplify matters, all at the sime time, merely by overanalyzing them.


A grand dreamer.
A 'hilaw na pilosopo' (half hearted philospher).
And an individual trying to define his own reality.

I am Randy's existential trip.

And if this trip is but a chapter in a book of my life's little journeys, then I have a long ways to go in finishing the volumes upon volumes that I want to achieve.


Continued...


Next Post: A Series of Small, Contradicting Epiphanies

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home